Monday, August 13, 2018

Cooking with Carli!

                        Cooking with Carli!

                               Pinterest?

Exactly, when ever I need to find a quick recipe to try for dinner I head over to Pinterest, click on my Pin-Meal board and get to work!
    Usually through out the week I pin meals to that board whenever I'm searching for something interesting or just passing the time looking for a nice design inspiration.
  The other day I came across a quick meal solution that will knock your socks off! Perfect for a cozy night in, it's Beef Pot Pie!
With a slight variation to the meal plan,I decided to use the cornbread as the top layer instead of Grands Buttermilk Biscuits.
I've actually seen this done a few different ways; flaky grands, the butteremilk, and the cornbread like with cheeseburger pie . 🍴 Being me, I took a few looks around and decided the best and most original idea would be.. Wait for it...Pie Crust!
Thinking... I decided if you take a pie crust from the local grocer, add beef stew and seasonings, and then add puffed pastry to the top in a hashed pattern, then you have the perfect Friday Night Pie!
              ..Instead, I went with the Cornbread.

With a few amendments to the recipe, such as Jiffy Mix cornbread instead of puff pastry. I threw in a couple extra spices and some suger, 
and Vuala!
A Skillet Masterpiece! And I'm glad to say this one actually turned out delicious 😋

No comments:

Post a Comment